Search This Blog

Monday 10 December 2012

Walking in Devon

Originally I come from the South Hams in Devon. It is a beautiful part of the world with some great clifftop and country lane walks. Last week, I went back  to visit my brother for a few days and do some walking.

Unlike in the high season when there are lots of visitors, this time of year before Christmas it is so quiet. I chanced on some lovely fine sunny weather, albeit cold, and did a couple of longish (for me) walks around 10 miles each.
Thurlestone, Devon
Although I cannot guarantee the weather, I can assure you that this most beautiful part of England is at its best when it is quiet. I shall go back next December too.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Roger,
    Beautiful photo in Australia it is very dry in Southern NSW we could do with little of the water you are getting over in the UK but not too much.
    Regards
    Ian
    VK2IJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, it has been very wet here this year. There is another 3 inches forecast in the next 24 hours which will leave some more people with flooded homes before Christmas.

      Delete