Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Growth?

Yet again the FTSE 100 UK share index is up on yesterday at 6163.97 when I last looked.  It rose sharply earlier, but has been falling for a while. I guess it could go negative later. 

With so much uncertainty I think it will fall sharply soon, although I am frequently wrong! In this case, I very much hope I am proved wrong. Looking at China and Greece I somehow think that emotion rather than reality is driving the markets at present. 

Sooner rather than later the world will wake up to several facts:

  1. Growth cannot go on for ever with limited resources.
  2. Oil will run out.
  3. The population has yet to peak in the world.
  4. All the world needs feeding
  5. All the world deserves a decent standard of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment