Search This Blog

Thursday 21 August 2014

Stroke update

This is the latest update on my condition:
  • Food is all by mouth now and I can eat most foods.Taste seems to be returning to normal.
  • Drinks are still problematic.
  • I still feel giddy walking, but this is getting better slowly.
  • Speaking is monotonic and effortful.
  • The MRI scan gave me the all-clear by the neurosurgeon - no more brain ops.
  • My stomach is still slightly upset. I suspect this is because of the PEG.
  • I feel OK to drive (neurosurgeon thinks I'm OK to drive) but am awaiting response from DVLA.
  • I get fatigued very easily.
  • All physical work is hard.
  • ENT throat exam early Sept  to see why speaking is so hard.
  • Physio/gym at Newmarket Leasure Centre continues until Oct 2nd.
Overall, I am still not right, but think driving again will help, as will PEG removal (no date yet for this). Improvements are slow. By now I was hoping to be fully fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment