Search This Blog

Thursday 1 January 2015

Stroke update

As it is the first day of the new year,  2015, it is time for some new resolutions and a health update. The latter is for me really so I can calibrate future improvements that I hope to see during the year.

Health update
Currently, I have 4 main issues. When walking or doing anything physical I get very tired.  I get giddy when walking. Drinking thin liquids (e.g tea or coffee) is hard and only possible in small sips. My voice is very poor and speaking tires me. I get breathless.  People find me hard to understand.  This is very frustrating as, to me, it sounds loud and clear. Although I am allowed alcoholic drinks, wine tastes sharp and I do not enjoy it. Most food is now OK. I can drive but, by and large, I have only driven locally.  Improvements have slowed considerably in the last 6 months.

Resolutions
  • To do exercises so that when I speak I can be understood;
  • To continue to improve my stamina;
  • To be able to drink wine again;
  • To be able to drink water, tea and coffee normally again;
  • To take a picture for my 365 project daily;
  • To do field experiments on my radio before Easter;
  • To visit the South Hams. Last year was the first time ever I'd not been to Devon.
More than anything, I want to get back to normal health again. 2014 was disappointing as I was hoping to be fully fit again by now.  Perhaps I was being naive and did not realise just how lucky I was to be as good as I am? Anyway, I really hope 2015 will be the breakthrough year.

No comments:

Post a Comment