Search This Blog

Sunday 19 October 2014

Free movement of people within the EU?

Basically I am in favour of the EC as a free trade group, but I struggle to understand why we can't, as a nation, decide who is allowed to live and work on our tiny, already overcrowded, little island. On this I am fully with David Cameron.  Also I am a believer in the ultimate power of our parliament and not a bunch of bureaucrats in Europe.

It seems to me that in many ways we would be better out than in, unless the EU ideal is more forward looking. We need the EU to understand it is a top-heavy bureaucracy some way from how it was when we first joined. Yes, if we leave there will be downsides, but I expect we will not be the last to leave, if indeed we do vote to leave.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29680059 .

No comments:

Post a Comment