Search This Blog

Saturday 18 October 2014

Hong Kong

Hong Kong is a fascinating "east meets west" place, with Harry Ramsden's fish and chips, double decker buses and bamboo scaffolding and very eastern markets down side streets. For work (years ago) and for pleasure I have been there several times. I have landed at the old airport (hairy) and passed through the modern new airport on my way back from Taiwan. I still was amazed to see a W.H. Smith shop in the new airport, years after the hand back to China.

I hope Hong Kong manages to retain its unique feel in the years ahead. You get the feeling though that the Chinese government is not at ease with its liberal ways with a western leading. Things could change.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-29672083 .

No comments:

Post a Comment