Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Evening stroll

Every morning and every evening, usually, I do a walk "around the block" of around 400m, without any walking aids and alone.  This is to help me with core strength and to improve my balance. My physio sessions in Newmarket gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays also help with stamina and balance.

When I first did this walk, months ago, I used a walking frame and my wife used to come with me in case I fell. Since I have been home from hospital (January) I have not fallen once.

So, my walking must be much better than it was. Trouble is I find it hard to remember how I was back then.

The walk is around our Close and back past Burwell Windmill. These days, my wife says I look "normal" when walking, with no "old man" stoop. I long for the day when I do this walk and feel properly fit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment