Search This Blog

Friday 4 July 2014

A long solo walk (no stick) , and even a brief run!

Today I ventured out on my longest solo walk: to the local Budgens shop and the chemists. In days gone by, these would have been very easy, but nowadays the walk is a challenge involving crossing roads 6 times.  At one point, crossing the road by the bank I had to RUN across the road as a car came quickly around the corner!  I am pleased to report I made it there and back safely with the shopping from Budgens and medicines from the chemists.

On the way I bumped into our old neighbour (Hilary) and the lady who used to run the post office. It was SO nice to do normal things. Inside I still fell giddy and sick, but everyone says how well I look. If I can sort out my stomach I think I shall feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment